Lady Gaga’s Greatest MTV Video Music Awards Moments
The 2012 MTV Video Music Awards were held last night in Los Angeles, California. Disappointingly, Lady Gaga did not get nominated for any awards or even appeared at the show, so we here at Kingdom Gaga want to take you back in time to display all of Gaga’s previous VMA moments. Take a look at the sections below for the 2009, 2010, and 2011 shows, where Gaga made a splash in all…
• Lady Gaga’s many costume changes throughout the night, including her red lace and crown outfit, her black feathered dress, and the birds nest.
• The iconic performance know as “Paparazzi,” where Gaga literally bled on stage.
• Gaga’s award wins for the night were as follows: Best New Artist, Best Special Effects for “Paparazzi,” and Best Art Direction for “Paparazzi.”
• Gaga led the pack of nominations with personal friend Beyoncé with 9 nominations.
• Lady Gaga received the most nominations that anyone has ever received in VMA history, racking up a total of 13.
• Gaga won 8 out of the 13 awards she was nominated for.
• Gaga also made history a second time that night when she was nominated twice in the Video of the Year category for her videos “Bad Romance” and “Telephone.”
• Gaga revealed her second album’s title Born This Way and sang a part of the title track after receiving the Video of the Year award.
• This year’s show marks the event where Gaga debuted her iconic meat dress.
• Gaga’s award wins for the night are as follows: for “Bad Romance”: Video of the Year, Best Female Video, Best Pop Video, Best Dance Video, Best Choreography, Best Direction, and Best Editing. For “Telephone”: Best Collaboration.
• Lady Gaga dressed up as her popular male alter-ego Jo Calderone.
• Gaga opened the show with a performance of “Yoü and I” as her alter-ego.
• Gaga stayed in costume for the entire night. This is the only VMAs show where she only wore one costume.
• Gaga’s award wins are as follows: Best Female Video and Best Video with a Message for “Born This Way.”
Let’s hope Gaga returns to the VMA stage for 2013 and gives us another epic performance from something on ARTPOP!